Infrared Ethane Detector
SENSIT® IRED is a state-of-the-art ethane gas detector incorporating a unique, patented use of infrared absorption spectroscopy to determine the presence of ethane in a methane sample.
This technology can detect as little as 250ppb ethane in a 50ppm methane sample. Even the smallest of gas samples can be analyzed in the field to determine if gas from a natural gas piping system is being detected.
• Ethane Specific – IRED filters out other gases.
• Ideal for low concentration methane readings.
• Displays 0-999 ppb ethane
• Displays 1.0-500 ppm ethane
• GPS capable for measurement mapping (optional feature)
Ethane is the key “fingerprint” contained in pipeline gas and typically ranges from 2-25% by volume. The SENSIT IRED is a field tool that produces accurate results within minutes rather than hours or days if other methods are used.
• Large Backlit Display
• Simple 3-Button Operation
• Powerful Pump
• Infrared Communication
• Measurement Logging
• Bluetooth Communication
• Recorded Readings
• Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery
• Record Calibration Data
• Smart-Cal Compatible
Type Resolution Range Accuracy
PPB 1 ppb 250-999 ±20%
PPM* 0.1 ppm 1.0-500 ppm ±20%
*Maximum sample size of methane is 2,000ppm (0.2%V/V)
- Product Categories