A Y M Natural Gas Plug Valves - 559 Series
A Y McDonald Natural Gas Plug Valves – 559 Series
TAMPERPROOF, 175 PSIG, FLAT HEAD, BRASS PLUG
These valves are designed for use with natural, manufactured and L.P. gas only. All A.Y. McDonald 175 PSIG Gas Valves may be re-lubricated in the full open or the full closed position when the valve is pressurized or un-pressurized. Do Not Tamper with Bottom Nut
Iron Body Gas Plug Valves Features:
National Standard for “Manually Operated Metallic Gas Valves for use in Gas Piping Systems up to 175 PSIG.”
– Pressure ratings are or 175 PSIG.
– Each valve is factory lubricated and suitable for use with natural, manufactured and LP gases.
– 175 PSIG valves can be relubricated while in service and under pressure. This renews the grease seal to a like new
condition adding to the life of the valve.
– Valves plugs are equipped with top and bottom o-rings for added security against external leakage.
– Tamper-resistant (tamperproof) design prevents disassembly with normal household tools.
– The on/off turning torques are controlled at assembly by using torque machines to set the bottom nut which is also
staked in place to maintain this torque.
– Pressure may be applied in either direction as A.Y. McDonald’s Plug Valve is a non-directional valve.
– The 90º rotation provides complete shut-off from open position. Valve can be rotated full 360º.
– Available with or without lockwing. Both models fit industry-standard, separately-supplied locking devices such as the
casket, barrel lock or padlock.
– Port openings sized to accommodate the best known stop changers.
– Temperature Range: –20º to +150ºF.
– Available in FNPT x FNPT (560) or FNPT x Insulated union (6276).
– Each valve is pressure tested in both directions electronically or with air under water.
559B Black Iron
559G Zinc Coated w/Clear Chromate Finish Iron
559PNT Paint Coated
559N Zinc & Painted
559BC Black Iron w/ 1/8” Test Plug
559BD Black Iron w/ 1/8” Test Plug
Taps available on all the above product options.
- Product Categories